Monday, August 10, 2015

August Visiting Teaching: Divine Attributes-Meek and Humble

As disciples of Jesus Christ, we always seek to be like Him. “Meekness is vital for us to become more Christlike,” said Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy. Without it we won’t be able to develop other important virtues. Being meek does not mean weakness, but it does mean behaving with goodness and kindness, showing strength, serenity, healthy self-worth, and self-control.”2 As we work to develop this attribute, we will find that “humbly submitting our will to the Father brings us the empowerment of God—the power of humility. It is the power to meet life’s adversities, the power of peace, the power of hope, the power of a heart throbbing with a love for and testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ, even the power of redemption.” (Excerpt from the August Visiting Teaching Message)


I also realized I haven't posted a recipe for a treat/goodie! I was really excited because this month I made bread! It wasn't for the sisters I visit teach (I haven't receive an assignment yet), but it was for my primary class! 
It was so easy and super delicious! Please note: it is not a "healthy" bread recipe. You can find by recipe by clicking here.
I served it with some butter and strawberry jam-AMAZING!! It also tastes great fresh out of the oven (while it's still warm at least). I also made french toast using this loaf and it did not disappoint! 

"Women are hungry for things of the Spirit, for truths that counter the slide of virtues all around them. Visiting teaching is a measure of the heart, an unselfish work, a sacred trust that blesses both giver and receiver."  - Bonnie D. Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment